This training kit is specifically designed for dermatology basic procedures. It was designed to help practitioners develop the psychomotor skills and hand/eye coordination to master basic through advanced suture and tying skills through the subcutaneous fat layer. This home lab directs students to video instruction to master basic through advanced wound closure skills, instrument handling and multi-layer wound closure skills. Learn skills that will make you look and feel like an expert in wound closure, in the comfort of your own home, and at your own pace.
Our skin-textured 5-layer simulated tissue pad provides the look and feel of real tissues. The fat layer lies in between dermis and epidermis on both sides, allowing the practitioner to remove moles, abscesses and skin tags on one side, and practice suturing on the other. We also direct you to some great video instruction. All of the following are packaged in a lab-coat pocket sized carrying case to learn on the go!
- Standard Flip Derm Simulated Tissue Pad (approximately 6’’x 4’’x 1/2” – contains 4 cysts, 4 moles and 4 skin tags)
- Practice Instruments: Scalpel, Forceps, Needle Holders and Suture Scissors
- Practice Sutures
- Penrose Drain for drain insertion and securing practice
- Practice ties and 3-0 Silk for knot tying practice
- Tying under pressure simulator