This system comes with everything that the Basic Wound Closure Training Kit comes with, plus a flip tissue pad, a simulated bowel and an aortic aneurysm for added practice. This Wound Closure Training System was specially designed to help practitioners develop the psychomotor skills and hand/eye coordination to master basic through advanced suture and tying skills. The home lab directs students to video instruction to master basic through advanced wound closure skills, instrument handling and multi-layer wound closure skills. Learn skills that will make you look and feel like an expert in wound closure, in the comfort of your own home, and at your own pace. Our skin-textured 6-layer simulated abdominal tissue pad provides the look and feel of real tissues. The Flip Pad allows for skin closure practice on both sides!
The multi-layered tissue pad includes following tissue layers: epidermis, dermis, subcutaneous fat, fascia, muscle, peritoneum. All of the items are packaged in a lab-coat pocket sized carrying case to learn on the go!
- Wound Closure Lab Carrying Case – ** NOTE: The carrying case may be different than pictured **
- The “Original” Multi-Layered Abdominal Simulated Tissue Pad (6’x4′ inches), including the epidermis, dermis, subcutaneous fat, fascia, muscle, peritoneum
- Standard Flip Skin Tissue Pad (6’x4′) that allows for skin closure on both sides. The layers include epidermis, dermis fat (middle layer), dermis, fat.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Basic Kit Enclosures:
- Practice Instruments: Scalpel, Forceps, Needle Holders and Suture Scissors
- Sutures (Various Sizes and needle types 2-0, 3-0, 4-0)
- Penrose Drain for drain securing practice
- Practice ties and 3-0 Silk for knot tying practice
- Tying under pressure simulator
Reference to online wound closure video instruction.